Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Trip to Giant Eagle Today!!



What a great little trip to GE today! I did 4 separate transactions. That even included 4 Akron Beacon Journals that were from this past Sunday, reduced to $.75 each! Since the Akron Beacon actually carries the Red Plum insert (Plain Dealers doesn't) there are 3 coupon inserts in each paper!

First Transaction
3 Mr Clean cleaning products
1 Febreze Air Effects
10 Instant potatoes
Retail Price before discounts = $23.76
Total out of pocket after the coupons and eoffers $5.50
Then I received a $5 catalina for buying 4 qualifying Mr. Clean/Febreze products and $2 catalina for the potato's!

Second Transaction
6 Swifter Dry Cloths
6 Swifter Wet Cloths
Retail Price before discounts = $59.88
Total out of pocket After coupons and catalina from first tranaction $20.12
Then I received (3) $5 catalinas for buying 12 qualifying Swifter products

Third Transaction
4 Febreeze
4 Pledge Products
1 Crest toothpaste (I didnt have enough cpns to do the buy 4 deal but the one was still FREE so I grabbed it)
1 Jar of Peppers (I went in with a cpn for the Mezzetta Peppers that are on sale but I couldnt find them so a great lady named Carol was able to offer me a different brand of peppers, they were not on sale and priced at $4.49 but since they didnt have what was advertised she gave them to me for FREE! Thank you Carol!)
Retail Price before discounts = $37.10
Total after coupons, eoffers, and (2) $5 Catalinas from the second transaction $2.86
Then I received $5 catalina for buying 4 qualifying Febreze Products

Final Transaction
4 Herbal Essence Hair Products
1 Old Spice Body Wash
1 Old Spice deodorant
1 Daisy Cottage Cheese
2 Boxes Cereal
4 Akron Beacon Sunday Papers (MORE COUPONS!!)
Retail Price before discounts = $30.61
Total after coupons, eoffers, and (2) $5 catalinas from second and third transaction $4.24
Then I received a $2 catalina for buying qualifying Herbal Essence Products

Bottom Line: Retail before discounts $151!! I paid $30.72 for everything after coupons, eoffers, and catalinas!!! A savings of over 80%!! Not Bad!

Quick Shout out to all the shoppers I met today in the store, especially the lady behind me at the register. I hope she stops by the site today!! She was very patient but not happy about what she was going to have to pay for the few things she got because she didnt have any coupons. I hope she starts clipping her coupons now!!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! What was the retail value of your purchases, before all the discounts?

 
At March 31, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Great Question! I went through and added up the retail price of each item and it would have been $151.35! A savings of over 80%!!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

What GE are you going to that still has the paper? and did you get a discount on them? I am in Cuy Fls, so I have a GE on Graham... thanks Alicia

 
At March 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I went to the GE in Twinsburg today! The Plain Dealer is always discounted to $1.25 after Sunday, which is what I usually get several of. But today I noticed they actually had some Akron Beacons left for only $.75 so I had to get a few. Other stores like CVS and Walgreens will reduce papers after Sunday as well! Let me know if you find any others in your area so I can share!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Mama D said...

Just wanted to say that I love when you post the pictures of what all you got and do a breakdown like you did in this post. It's so encouraging and amazing to me!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Andrea! I love to hear feedback like this! Like I said yesterday on FB I would really like to hear more from everyone. What you like what you dont like what stores you want to see more match ups for what topics I should cover on the New Day Cleveland Show, etc. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from my readers so thanks for taking the time to comment!!

 
At March 31, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous KayBee said...

I am totally new to this and eventually would like to save over 80% in a shopping trip! How do you organize such a shopping trip? Here's the scenario, tell me what I need to do: I don't have any coupons and I need to go shopping for some household items. I know the first thing I should do is get some coupons but what if what I need to buy doesn't have a coupon. Should I make a list first, then coupon. I'm pretty lost! Thanks for any help

 
At March 31, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

KayBee, Im so glad to hear you are taking the plunge into the crazy coupon world! In the beginning it can feel overwhelming so just remeber after a few weeks it gets SO much easier. Your question is really 3 fold. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at fillersfinds@yahoo.com so I can email you back with my best answers. I need a little more room then we got here!! : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home